(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure statement for more information).
A few weeks ago I posted a super-easy Hanukkah collage gift box. This one starts out the same (with a take-out style container), but ends up looking like an over-sized dreidel.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· A take-out container – You can reuse the one that you got with your sesame chicken or you can buy new craft ones.
· A cardboard paper towel tube
· Blue tissue paper
· Clear-drying school glue
· Glitter or glitter glue
· Clear tape
Here’s What to Do:
1. Draw each Hebrew letter (nun, gimel, hei, shin) on each side of the container with a marker.
2. Turn the container onto one side so that one of the letters is facing up. Draw a glue line over the letter.
3. Sprinkle glitter on top. Shake the excess sparkles off. If you are using glitter glue your child can skip this step.
4. Wait for the glue to dry. Turn the box to the next side and repeat the glitter step. Continue for each side.
5. Cut a 2 to 3- inch section of cardboard tube to make the dreidel’s top. If it’s too wide for the top of your container make a vertical cut, pull the edges closer and glue it in place.
6. Tear or cut pieces of tissue paper. Have your child glue the paper onto the cardboard tube.
7. Fill the gift box and close it up. Attach the handle (it’s purely decorative. And not functional) with clear tape loops.
Are you looking for more winter activities for the kids? Follow my Pinterest board for ideas.Follow Mini Monets and Mommies's board Winter Activities for Kids on Pinterest.