Christmas is coming up. I can’t believe that I’m writing those words—but, it is. Every year we try to come up with cute and creative homemade gift ideas. This year, I wanted to go a step beyond that and make something to put those DIY holiday presents into. We made a Santa Claus gift carrier, and one for Hanukkah.
This time we’re making a simple crafty collage version. It’s got the traditional red and green colors (so, why not use it as a color recognition activity as well?)
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· A takeout carrier – you can also buy these new at craft stores
· Red and green tissue paper
· Clear-drying school glue
· Cotton balls
· A paintbrush
Here’s What to Do:
1. Tear the tissue paper into pieces. Have your child vary the sizes and shapes.
2. Paint a layer of glue on the container (avoid the top tab where your child will close it).
3. Press the tissue onto the container to create a collage. Your child can overlap the edges of the tissue.
4. Pull two cotton balls apart to make fluffy strands.
5. Glue one strand to the bottom and the second one to the top.
6. Fill the homemade gift box container with homemade tasty treats! Your child can add cookies, a cupcake, candy or (my personal favorite) Oreo truffle balls!
Are you looking for more holiday themed activities? Follow my Pinterest board for ideas galore!Follow Mini Monets and Mommies's board Winter Activities for Kids on Pinterest.