(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure statement for more information).
So, you have to do the cleaning now. But, should that stop you from breaking out the sparkly stuff? This super-easy Valentine’s Day art activity is a project that also doubles as a cute card. Leave the glitter heart resist as is or fold the paper in half and deliver it to grandma, grandpa or any special friend!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Card stock paper
· Clear-drying school glue
· A marker or crayon
· A paintbrush
Here’s What to Do:
1. Fold a piece of paper in half, book style.
2. Draw half of a heart, starting at the fold (this is a great opportunity to teach your child a math lesson).
3. Cut the heart out and open it.
4. Press the heart down onto another piece of paper.
5. Paint a layer of glue over the heart (holding it down), extending a few inches from the edges. You can help your child by holding the heart for her as she paints. Squeeze a quarter-sized dollop of glue onto the paper, and then have her spread it out.
6. Sprinkle the glitter over the glue. Continue to hold down the heart.
7. Pull the heart off of the paper to reveal the glitter resist.
Are you looking for more Valentine’s Day activities?
DIY felt heart bag
Follow my Pinterest board for ideas!Follow Mini Monets and Mommies's board Valentine's Day Activities for Kids on Pinterest.