It’s edible, and it’s amazing. I get it, most people are put off by the idea of chocolate and bacon together in a dessert. Case in point, I just texted one of my best friends to excitedly tell her what I made. Her response was, “Gross!” Of course, my 13-year-old’s response was…. well, I’ll let you know as soon as he stops munching on the cupcake. I don’t routinely feed my child fat-filled, super-sugary treats. But, it is a “treat.” Once in a while it’s ok to break out a fun dessert and indulge. That said, it is quite indulgent. Let me suggest making these a rare treat. Plus, that makes them all the more special!
P.S.: If I could bottle the smell of chocolate and bacon baking I would. There’s really nothing like it.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· A few strips of already cooked bacon
· White frosting- Make your own from a favorite recipe or buy the ready-made kind.
· Chocolate cake mix- Again, use your favorite recipe or use a mix.
· Maple syrup
Here’s What to Do:
1. Mix the cupcake batter.
2. Crumple the bacon.
3. Sprinkle some of the bacon crumbles into the batter. Set some aside for later. You can also wait until you pour the batter into the cupcake tins, and mix the bacon in then.
4. Mix the bacon and chocolate batter. Pour it into a cupcake tin.
5. Bake as directed by your recipe or the box.
6. Take the cupcakes out of the oven. Let them cool.
7. Spoon the frosting into a bowl.
8. Squeeze the maple syrup into the frosting. If you’re not into super-sweet tastes, use a small amount. If you want more of a maple taste, continue stirring more of the syrup in.
9. Frost the cupcakes.
10. Add the remaining bacon crumples on top of the cupcakes. If you so desire, drizzle maple syrup on top.
Are you looking for more yummy cupcakes? Follow my Pinterest board for ideas!Follow Mini Monets and Mommies's board Cupcakes! Yum! on Pinterest.