(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure statement for more information).
Take the root beer float for a twist and throw in a holiday feel. What better way to warm up a chilly winter day than with a cup of cocoa? Ok, so this one also has a cool down factor too. The hot chocolate ice cream float makes the most of both worlds. The ice cream adds a frothy vanilla flavor to the cocoa as well as a playful feel. Add a touch of graham and make the dessert into a drinkable version of the campfire classic – s’mores!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Hot chocolate mix – You can use the instant kind or make the milk-based version.
· Vanilla ice cream
· Graham crackers
· Red and green sugar crystals
Here’s What to Do:
1. Crumble a graham cracker into a bowl. Use your hands or the back of a spoon to make the graham into what looks like a pile of coarse sand.
2. Make a cup of cocoa. You can do this on the stove or in the microwave. Don’t fill the cup all of the way up. Leave about one-fourth empty, for the ice cream.
3. Spoon a scoop of ice cream into the cup.
4. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbles and sugar crystals on top.
If you’re looking for more super-simple wintery recipes that the kids can help you to make, check out my ebook Bake Sale Fail: Easy Holiday Baking and Desserts