Whether you spell it Hanukkah, Chanukah, or any other way… it’s coming up soon. If your child is getting ready to gift a teacher, relative or friend a present on one of those eight nights, help her to create a cute DIY gift box. Reuse a takeout container (the paperboard Chinese takeout kind) and turn it into a collage art carrier.
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure statement for more information).
After the crafting is over, your child can fill the collaged container with holiday goodies! Toss in a few cookies, candies or (one of my personal favorites) Oreo no-bake truffles. Keep the entire gift a DIY activity and help your child to make, bake or create whatever she puts into the homemade caddy!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· A takeout container—If you don’t have one on hand, you can buy a new craft container that looks exactly the same.
· Blue tissue paper – Choose a few different shades of the color for the holiday present container collage.
· Clear-drying school glue
· A paintbrush
Here’s What to Do:
1. Tear the tissue paper into pieces. Encourage your child to create different shapes and sizes.
2. Squeeze a dime-sized pool of glue onto each side of the container.
3. Spread the glue out with a paintbrush.
4. Collage the tissue on to the glue. Have your child press the paper on the glue, overlapping the edges. She will need to add more glue to hold the paper down as she goes along.
5. Repeat this process for the top of the Hanukkah gift container. Avoid the tab that closes the container shut.
6. Fill the gift box with a tasty treat!
Are you looking for more holiday and winter activities for kids? Follow my Pinterest board for ideas!Follow Mini Monets and Mommies's board Winter Activities for Kids on Pinterest.