It’s summer now (if you’re reading this at some time in the future, you can still make these tasty treats in the fall, winter or spring), and I was looking for a chilly dessert that was also easy to make. I’m not exactly the best cook/baker, and turning on the oven when the weather guy just said that the heat index is making it feel like it’s between 95 and 100 degrees just doesn’t sound like a good idea. So, I’m going for something cold that requires assembly – not actual cooking. If you’re thinking, “Well, that sounds kind of lazy,” it might be. Honestly, sometimes I want to make an easy treat that really requires no special skill.
Think about it – you’ve been at the pool and the playground for most of the day, then you raced off to the grocery store right before you had to simultaneously cook dinner, keep the kids entertained, wash out everyone’s swimsuits and wash the muddy footprints off of the floors. Whew! It’s time for an ice cream s’more. The kids will enjoy it, you’ll enjoy it, and everyone gets a little break at the end of a busy day.
This is also a simple dessert for a birthday party or warm-weather cookout. If you’re having a circus, animal or carnival themed party, this kid-friendly recipe is a perfect match!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Graham crackers
· White chocolate
· Frosted animal cookies
· Ice cream – I used vanilla and strawberry to match the cookies’ colors, but you can choose any flavor that you like.
Here’s What to Do:
1. Crumble the cookies into chunks.
2. Mix the cookie crumbles with the ice cream. Put it back into the freezer until you’re ready to use it.
3. Stack the chocolate onto a graham cracker.
4. Toast the marshmallow. If you have a campfire, great use it. If not, you can microwave the marshmallow (with the graham cracker and marshmallow) in the microwave for roughly 10 seconds. Microwaves vary in strength, so you may need more or less time. You can also toast the marshmallow in a fire pit or in the oven (put it on a graham and heat at 325 degrees until it browns on top.
5. Put the marshmallow on the chocolate.
6. Spoon the ice cream on top.
7. Sandwich the stack with another graham.
8. Top with some more ice cream and sprinkles.
Are you looking for more s’mores? Follow my Pinterest board for ideas!Follow Mini Monets and Mommies's board Sweet S'mores on Pinterest.