You’re looking for an easy dessert solution to your Thanksgiving and holiday party baking woes. This is super-simple, and the kids can even get in on the baking action.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· 1 cup pecans
· Golden sandwich cookies (Oreos or other cookies, with a cream filing)
· 6 oz. softened cream cheese
· 1 cup brown sugar
· ½ cup cornstarch
· ¼ cup water
· 2 egg yolks
Here’s What to Do:
Make the cookie balls—
1. Crush the cookies in a food processor.
2. Mix the cream cheese in with the cookies.
3. Shape the mix into balls that are slightly smaller than plums.
4. Pop the cookie balls into the freezer for one hour.
5. Take the cookies out of the freezer.
Make the pecan mix –
1. Chop the pecans – if you didn’t already buy pre-chopped ones.
2. Measure and mix the brown sugar and cornstarch (if the kids are helping, this is a perfect opportunity to sneak in some math).
3. Add the water and egg yolks, mixing in a saucepan over a low heat.
4. Stir in the pecans. Continue mixing until you’ve got a pecan pie filling consistency.
Complete the recipe –
1. Coat the cookie balls with the pecan pie mix – be careful, it will be hot.
2. Serve! I served mine with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup. Yum!
Are you looking for more cookie truffle recipes?
What about pumpkin pie truffles?
OR, how about chocolate pretzel cookies?
Or, you could follow my Pinterest board for ideas galore!