The other day my son asked, “Mom, what’s up with all the s’mores and cupcakes?” Yes, I have a slight obsession with both of these sweet treats. I have to also mention -- I am not a baker or cook. Not in the least. You will never see me with one of those tiny torches in my hand, painstakingly creating a sugar-crackle crust on a crème brulee. It’s also not likely that I’ll provide brilliant instructions on how to make the perfect cake from scratch. That said, I completely enjoy coming up with cute and creative ways to dress up baking basics.
The other week I made s’mores cupcakes. They didn’t last long. I thought I might need to lock them away in a special sweets safe to keep my son and husband away from the ooey, gooey marshmallowy goodness. I was typing the title of the “recipe” (I use recipe loosely here, as I really mean instructions on how to put sugary items together) when I realized I was writing it backwards. It came out as “Cupcake S’mores”. That’s when I decided, if I’ve already make s’mores cupcakes, why not make the opposite combo?
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Chocolate cupcake mix—If you enjoy baking from scratch, please feel free to add a link to your favorite recipe in the comments section.
· Marshmallow cream
· Graham crackers
Here’s What to Do:
1. Bake a batch of chocolate cupcakes. Follow the directions on the back of the box or use your own recipe. If your child is helping you, ask her to measure and mix. This will help her to build math and science skills, all while having fun!
2. Let the cupcakes cool.
3. Slice the cupcakes into pieces; from top to bottom (they will look like mini chocolate bread slices).
4. Coat one side of a graham cracker with marshmallow cream.
5. Layer the chocolate cupcake on top of the cream.
6. Add a marshmallow to the stack. Microwave for 5 to 10 seconds. Different microwaves vary, so you will need to adjust the time for your appliance. You can also smear another layer of marshmallow cream on top.
7. Stack another graham cracker on top. Or, you can make a mega s'more by stacking one more piece of cupcake before you add on the graham cracker.
Are you looking for more s’mores? Follow my Pinterest board for ideas!Follow Mini Monets and Mommies's board Sweet S'mores on Pinterest.