(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure statement for more information).
This art activity is super-simple and totally mess free. And bonus – it’s a great way to boost your child’s fine motor skills. All that bending, molding, modeling and forming really gives her hands a workout. You can even toss a few pipe cleaners into a bag and take them to the park, to grandma’s or on vacation to do this less-mess crafts.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Pipe cleaners – pick a few different colors
Here’s What to Do:
1. Bend the top of the first pipe cleaner around to make a circle. Twist it together at the bottom of the shape to make a circle with a stem.
2. Twist a second pipe cleaner around the first, where the circle and stem meet.
3. Create a loop (this will be a flower petal), and fold the bottom around the circle. Have your child continue doing this until she runs out of pipe cleaner.
4. Add another pipe cleaner where the first one ended. Repeat the looping pattern.
5. Repeat with another color, looping the new pipe cleaner slightly to the side of the first ones.
6. Continue on, adding as many petal layers as your child wants.
That’s it! Wasn’t that easy? If your child leaves behind any loose ends, twist them up or snip them with scissors. Your child can twist and model one flower or make a whole bouquet. Not only is this flower craft a great way to celebrate spring, but your child can also create more to give as gifts for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
Are you looking for more creative kids’ crafts? Follow my Pinterest board for ideas!Follow Mini Monets and Mommies's board Creative Kids Crafts on Pinterest.