It’s not that I don’t thoroughly enjoy these adorable art activities. But, sometimes a mom needs something a bit different. And possibly even something that’s more useful than a macaroni necklace? So, if you’re looking for a way to hang up all of those handprint flowers, hearts and other artsy crafts that the kids make, take a look at these tape resist clothespin magnets.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Wooden clothespins
· Magnet strip
· Clear-drying school glue
· Tempera paint
· Paintbrushes or cotton balls
· Masking tape
Here’s What to Do:
1. Cut the tape into thin strips.
2. Tape the clothespins. Your child is masking off where she doesn’t want the paint to go. She can create a pattern, random design or even try to make letters.
3. Paint the clothespins. Use one solid color or dab on a texture using cotton balls.
4. Let the paint dry.
5. Remove the tape.
6. Cut the magnet strips to fit onto the back (bottom) of the clothespins.
7. Glue the magnet onto the clothespins. Let the glue dry completely before you hang the clips on the fridge.
Your child doesn’t have to make a pattern like you see in the pictures. She can create her own design and use whatever colors she wants. Another option is to paint the entire clothespin in one color first. Let the paint dry and then add the tape. Paint another layer on top. When your child takes off the tape to reveal the resist, she’ll have a second color underneath!
Are you looking for more Mother’s Day art activities? Follow my Pinterest board for ideas!Follow Mini Monets and Mommies's board Mother's Day Crafts for Kids on Pinterest.