So, what did I plan on doing with these cotton candy cookies (other than the obvious – eating them)? I had big plans to make cookie truffle balls. I admit it – I am completely addicted to sugar. The sweeter the better. If you are like me, then these special edition snacks will make your knees weak. On the other hand, if you’re just not in to sugar, you will reel in disgust over the flavor – and yes, they do taste just like cotton candy.
I made a few different kinds of Oreo balls with these cookies. The whole cotton candy thing reminded me of a circus or carnival. That made me think of clowns. As you’ll see, I made a few regular truffles and then I tried out cotton-coated clowns. While these might not exactly be everyday fare, they are perfect for a kids’ circus-themed birthday party or as treats for the school carnival bake sale!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Cotton Candy Special Edition Oreos – If you don’t have a Target near you (and can’t find them in another store), you can buy them online too.
· White chocolate
· Pink and/or blue sprinkles
· Cotton candy
· Candy eyes
· 6 oz. softened cream cheese
Here’s What to Do:
1. Crush the cookies in a food processor, until they are the consistency of sand.
2. Mix the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese in a large bowl. Use your hands to get a thorough mix.
3. Roll the mix into balls. I like a golf ball size, but you can make them bigger or smaller.
4. Put the cookie balls on a wax paper-covered plate and pop them into the freezer for an hour.
5. Take the cookies out of the freezer.
6. Heat up the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. I microwaved mine for 45 seconds, but yours may take more or less time depending on the strength of your microwave. Start slowly, and add on more time if it doesn’t melt. Be careful, the chocolate (and the bowl) will be very hot.
7. Place a cookie ball in the chocolate. Using a spoon, roll it around. When it’s completely covered, spoon it out onto a piece of wax paper.
8. Toss a few sprinkles on top.
9. Another option: Press cotton candy all of the way around the chocolate, making a fuzzy coating.
10. And yet another other: Press two candy eyes onto the cookie ball. Add cotton candy on top to make a floppy clown wig!
Are you looking for more Oreo ball recipes? Follow my Pinterest board for ideas!