(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure statement for more information).
If you’re looking to go the way of the DIY gift, this crafty creation is simple, fun and will get your child in the Christmas spirit. Dress up a take-out container (you can reuse the one that you got with your sesame chicken or buy new ones at the craft store) and have your little artist turn it into a Santa Claus themed caddy. Fill it with whatever you want. Add a handmade holiday ornament, Christmas candy or make one of my personal favorites – Oreo no-bake chocolate and pretzel truffles (if you’re looking for even more super-easy holiday recipes check out my new eBook Bake Sale Fail).
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Red tempera paint
· A paintbrush
· Black and yellow paper
· Cotton balls
· Clear-drying school glue
Here’s What to Do:
1. Paint the outside of the container red. Set it aside and let it dry completely.
2. Cut a 1-inch thick strip of black paper.
3. Draw a glue line down the paper strip. Press it against the painted container in the middle to make Santa’s belt.
4. But a rectangle from the yellow paper to make the belt buckle. Glue it to the front of the belt.
5. Pull two cotton balls apart to make strips.
6. Glue one strip to the bottom and the other to the top of the container.
7. Fill the container up!
Are you looking for more winter kids’ activities? Follow my Pinterest board for ideas.Follow Mini Monets and Mommies's board Winter Activities for Kids on Pinterest.